October Baker’s Dozen
October 31, 2008
Monthly news bites about baking, recipes, or recipes I want to try:
- I happen to have the book [Crazy About Cupcakes] and I love it! How to Eat a Cupcake has [interesting take] on the moistest, delicious banana cupcake recipe from the book.
- D.C. Restaurants are only adding to election fever. Support your candidate by [dining out] at restaurants serving election themed dishes and treats.
- I like this post about baking, [Sometimes a Cupcake is Just a Cupcake]
- D.C. is in a complete cupcake frenzy! It’s hard to pick a favorite shop, so I like [this in depth analysis] about the different flavors at Capitol Spice.
- I am always on the look out for interesting breakfast recipes. These [individual french toasts] look amazing!
- Something to look forward to in April: a foodie’s [tour] of D.C.
- I really like this recipe from the Repressed Pastry Chef for quick, [easy donuts]. It’s a great way to get fresh donuts without leaving the house.
- Every year I say I’m going to make a gingerbread house and I never get around to it. [Here are] instructions for a cute Halloween one, courtesy of Dylans Candy Bar.
- I made these [Caramel Popcorn Ghosts] for a few halloween care packages. Be sure to bake these at 350 for 10 15 minutes as they get soggy with cooking.
- Sandwich cookies are all the rage these days. Check out this post at [Cake Spy] for a little inspiration to make your own.