July’s Bakers Dozen
July 31, 2008
Monthly news bites about baking, recipes tried or recipes I want to try.
- The New York Times is way behind me, comparing Magnolia Bakery to Georgetown Cupcake in [Sweet, Sweet Washington].
- These bars are the incredible combination of chocolate and cheesecake, courtesy of Baking Bites [Cheesecake Brownies].
- WAPO Express picked up this adorable AP story, [Frosting fans, these shots are for you]. Thanks, Sprinkles, for not judging me.
- I HAVE to find instructions for making a macaroon “tree” ASAP. David Lebovitz shows us how to make “les macarons”, [French Chocolate Macarons] I could also make these, [Raspberry Chocolate Macarons] I can’t decide.
- Soon I won’t have to go to Georgetown for my cupcake fix! Delleicious DC interviews the owner of the soon to open [Hello Cupcake!].
- In March, the Daring Bakers challenge was a birthday cake. The Repressed Pastry Chef revisits this recipe, taking some gorgeous photos of [Dorie's Perfect Party Cake]. I don’t even like coconut!
- I can’t get enough of Baking Bites, Nicole is a genius. I want to make the [Zebra Cake] for my office, I’m sure it will disappear.
- I made these [Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes] for my friend ML’s birthday, but he never got to see them (long story). They fell, as predicted and got so ugly I didn’t even bother taking pictures. But they tasted amazing!
- After cupcakes, brunch is my favorite thing to cook. These [10 Pancake Tips] are genius!